AUGUST 25 - 30, Rhinebeck, NY
2. DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED at the Fair, except dogs competing in the DockDogs (or Agility) Competitions. GO TO the MAIN GATE, drive in, and tell all the parking attendants/volunteers you have a dog who is jumping in the DOCKDOGS / DOCK DIVING Competition. And do they know where that is??? Do not be surprised (LOL) if you get a blank stare... Just keep telling folks you need to find the SPECIAL PARKING AREA for the dogs...
3. There is a "SPECIAL PARKING AREA" for the dogs, VERY close to the dock/pool. Once you find it - everything gets easier. There is a lady with a golf court (a fantastic lady for the last four years - hope she is there again as a volunteer) that will help you move EZ Ups, Crates, etc. to the pool area.
4. The Pool/Dock is very close (maybe a 3 minute walk, max) and easy with dogs.
5. As a competitor - you do not pay admission to the Fair. Non-competitors will be expected to pay at the Admission Gate.
6. As a competitor - you may not take your dog into the Fairgrounds other than the dock diving area.
7. The venue is open to the sun - NO SHADE. It is the end of August and it is usually HOT. So canopies, tents, EZ Ups, etc. are encouraged. Fans, H20 etc.
8. HVDD Members - we have a big booth there, with some space for EZ Ups and some space for folks that do not have EZ Ups. This will be on the back side of the grand stands. NOTE -- this year - due to the position of the Grandstands - SPACE IS LIMITED by the Grandstands.
9. BRING RABIES CERT OR EXEMPTION - It is a good idea to ALWAYS have a copy in your glove box.
Hudson Valley DockDogs®
Welcome to Hudson Valley DockDogs® (HVDD). Dock diving™ is one of the fastest growing and exciting canine water sports, and great fun for you and your dog.
HVDD first started jumping our dogs off docks in 2006, and this year we're celebrating our tenth year. In June 2008, we became the first official DockDogs® Worldwide affiliate club serving the Northeastern region of the U.S. We are also one of the oldest continously run DockDogs® club in the U.S.
Our members and guests come from NY, CT, MA, and NJ to practice, train, and learn how to dock dive. We welcome guests from the entire Northeastern U.S. & Canada for club and national events.
Our pool, dock, and practice center are located in MILLERTON, NY (directions) on the grounds of Ledgewood Kennel. The pool is owned by K9 Aqua Sports Club and club members enjoy discounted private rental privileges.
You may become a member (Indivdual - $ 50, Household $ 75) at any time during the year.
In you think your dog will like dock diving but have not jumped yet - please join us for one of our 2-hour Try Dock Diving™ Classes. You do not have to be a club member to take one of the classes.
Our outdoor 2015 season starts in May - please EMAIL US and we'd be delighted to answer your questions and help you get started with dock diving!
Check our Google Calendar for Events, TRY DOCK DIVING classes, and members practice schedule.